Here’s a press release from Birchbox.
Gives you some insight about where your own subscription box can go.
Birchbox is now developing their own make up collection with the launch of its debut brand, LOC (Love of Color), which was fully conceptualized and developed by Birchbox. LOC is designed to provide a shortcut to trends with bold, highly pigmented makeup products inspired by the most of-the-moment colors. To curate the first LOC collection, Birchbox collaborated with YouTube beauty star Tati Westbrook, of the GlamLifeGuru channel, who selected (and named) on-trend shades for the upcoming season.
“We are incredibly focused on our customer’s needs and when we heard they wanted help understanding and translating trends, we felt equipped to deliver that ourselves,” said Katia Beauchamp, Co-Founder and CEO, Birchbox. “We’ve advised and guided several other brand partners, so product development was a natural extension for us and an exciting new challenge as we celebrate our five-year milestone.”
The LOC Fall/Winter 2015 launch collection, available today on Birchbox.com and Birchbox.ca, features two products in multiple colors: Vibrant Matte Lipstick, $8 each, and One & Done Eyeshadow Stick, $10 each. The sticks are low-maintenance yet high-impact, designed in a compact size to last for the season, allowing customers to stay on trend and experience more colors at an attainable price point. The products, which are all cruelty-free and paraben-free, are also available in five value sets ranging from $18 $46.
“Bringing the latest beauty trends to life is something I do for my followers every day on YouTube, so it’s incredibly exciting to introduce them to a brand-new makeup collection that I helped develop,” said Tati Westbrook of GlamLifeGuru. “These shades will go perfectly with everyone’s fall and winter wardrobes!”
Birchbox will begin sampling LOC in its November boxes. Additionally, subscribers can opt to receive a special box guest-edited by Tati that features all of her beauty picks for November including an LOC product in lieu of their regular monthly box. New subscribers can sign up until November 26 to receive Tati’s GlamLifeGuru Birchbox (available beginning October 26). Starting today, customers can shop the full collection exclusively on Birchbox.com, Birchbox.ca and at Birchbox’s flagship retail store in Soho. The complete assortment includes:
- Vibrant Matte Lipstick ($8 each): a bold matte color that stays soft and flexible; available in three shades: First Kiss (pinky beige), Wildest Dreams (blue-ish red) and Glam Life (berry plum)
- One & Done Eyeshadow Stick ($10 each): creaseless, waterproof color that last up to 11 hours (no primer needed); available in five shades: On Point (silvery taupe), Day Trip (warm copper), Impress Me (deep rose gold), Smoke Screen (metallic steel), and Nite Owl (deep plum)
- Ultimate Collection ($46): includes all three Vibrant Matte Lipsticks and all five One & Done Shadow Sticks (plus sharpener)
- Complete Collection for Eyes ($36): includes all five One & Done Shadow Sticks (plus sharpener)
- Complete Collection for Lips ($18): includes all three Vibrant Matte Lipsticks
- Shadow Stick Trio ($25): includes three One & Done Shadow Sticks (plus sharpener); available in two look-driven kits
- Clutch Collection ($23): includes one Vibrant Matte Lipstick and two One & Done Shadow Sticks (plus sharpener); available in three look-driven kits
- One & Done Shadow Stick Sharpener is also available separately for $5
Birchbox will create two trend-based LOC collections per year, introducing additional products and new shades each season. It will partner with other beauty influencers to curate these upcoming collections. In addition to LOC, Birchbox is actively developing other brands in-house, with the next one launching in early 2016.
Be the Next Birchbox – How to Start a Subscription Box Classes starting soon
About Birchbox: Launched in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. Birchbox redefined the online shopping experience by pairing a monthly subscription of deluxe samples tailored to customers’ unique profiles with inspiring editorial content to create a seamless path to purchase full-size products online. More than 800 best-in-class beauty, grooming and lifestyle brands are available on Birchbox’s ecommerce shop. In 2012, Birchbox launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, Birchbox opened its first brick-and-mortar store in Soho, New York. Today, Birchbox has more than 1 million subscribers and operates in six countries, including France, Spain, UK, Belgium and Canada. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City. To learn more, visit www.birchbox.com or follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Snapchat.